June 30, 2022
Review-Why is God communicating His Word?
· Man’s choice and sin nature
· God’s love and provision in Christ
How do we Know the Bible came from God?
o The Word
o John 10.35
o Matthew 4; 19:4-5; 24:15-16
o Luke 17:27 and His other references to Scripture.
o His works
· Biblical inspiration. “Whatever God inspired is Scripture and what He did not inspire is not.” (from When Skeptics Ask, by Norman Geisler and Ronald Brooks)
o 1 Peter 1:10-11; 2 Peter 1:19-21; 2 Tim 3:16
o The 5 questions
· Archeological and manuscript evidence agree
o Animal hides and papyrus
o The oldest discovered portion of the Bible
o The oldest fragment of the New Testament
o Accuracy of copies, number of manuscripts
· Internal evidence
· Predictive prophetic evidence
· Faith and change, evidence. Hebrews 11:1; Romans 10:17