Who? June 16, 2022
- God is the source!
- How do we know it’s from Him?
- The Presence in, and uniqueness of, the Word.
Why? June 23, 2022
God communicating His:
- love of us,
- history with us and
- plan for us.
Overview-God bringing us back into fellowship with Him tied to Biblical events
God’s will and choice.
How? July 7, 2022
- How did the Word come to us in the form it is now?
- Biblical inspiration.
- Bible translation methods-Guest speaker, Wycliffe translator
- Missions, the Word to the world-Crystal Booker
What? “It is written“. July 14, 2022
- Jesus believed that the Old Testament Words were from God.
- Matthew 4:4, seven, 10. Luke 24:27, 44; Hebrews 10:7.
- So did Paul, Peter, Matthew, and Zachariah.
- Bible language, figures of speech, parables and other communication forms.
- Bible translations distinguished from Bible versions
- Context. Books-Chapters-Verses added
July 21, 2022
- Old Testament-#books, book content summary,
- Preparing us for Christ: Israel, the Holy Spirit, prophets, kings, covenants, temple, offerings, other.
- When-dates. Where?
July 28, 2022
- New Testament-#books, Book content summary. When-dates. Where?
- Preparing us for Christ in the flesh, Christ-His biological line-Matthew and Luke, His Presence in the 66 books, His humanity, His deity.
- Preparing us for Christ in the Spirit; Israel’s leaders, Roman Empire intersection, the Church, men and women in the church.
The Basics of How to Study the Bible
August 4, 2022
- Jesus promised us Holy Spirit guidance. John 14:26; 16:13
- Context! Context! Context!
- What is to be taken literally?
- Definitions old and new
- Specific techniques and study guides
- Practicing the Presence of God
- Philippians 4:8
Key principles and themes in the Bible
August 11, 2022
Holiness, sinfulness, wrath, offering, mercy, forgiveness, grace, deliverance, worship… .
August 18, 2022
- Make disciples, witness. Missions all around us.
- Introduction to Love
August 25, 2022 Recess.